Leadership Development Program
Above-average performance is the result of numerous management and leadership qualities. This program will help you further develop a set of skills that allows you to guide, inspire, and work with others. 4 + 3 days.
Leadership and management are what we focus on at the Boston Business School. What’s the difference between a true leader and a mere caretaker? How is top business performance achieved? Why it’s not enough to just develop good concepts. The spark of enthusiasm for them must also jump to those from whom concrete results are expected. And what must you do, to become a role-model executive? There are a lot of self-proclaimed gurus out there who invent popular trends and lead people to believe they have patent solutions to everything. Our studies and long years of business experience have shown that these kinds of solutions don’t exist. Above-average performance in business is the result of numerous management qualities. To demonstrate these and practice them is the goal of the 2-part International Leadership Program.
Who should attend
- Experienced managers, functional specialists and team managers from all areas of business who want to be even more effective using proven leadership principles
- Practitioners who want to evaluate and enhance their management success using the latest leadership insights
- Soon-to-be-promoted managers who want to systematically prepare for broader responsibilities of a new leadership role
- Executives with technical or scientific background who aren successful managers already but want to know the reasons for their success in order to strengthen their skills even further
||Leadership and People Skills. 4 days
||Personality, Authenticity and Presence. 3 days
How you benefit
- You will enhance your strengths, tap potential and unused reserves for even better performance in a targeted way, improve your self-management skills and gain in authority and confidence as a leader
- You will clarify and better understand the role you play at work, which will help you navigate more effectively through your various fields of activity
- You will be provided with a host of important leadership skills that will enhance your leadership tool-box even further
- You will practice your leadership conduct and get constructive feedback about it
- You will learn how to examine the effect you have on others and to control it
- You will attain in-depth knowledge about the verbal andn non-verbal communication process
- You will sharpen your personal awareness of group dynamics, social processes and conflicts
- This program offers an integrated, in-depth look at certainn topics, and you can ask questions at any time
25.10.2021 - 28.10.2021, Davos
08.12.2021 - 10.12.2021, Hamburg
EUR 5'900.- / CHF 6'500.- (plus VAT)
25.10.2021 - 28.10.2021, Davos
08.12.2021 - 10.12.2021, Köln
EUR 6'400.- / CHF 6'900.- (plus VAT)
For registration, please click the link below.
Areas of Focus
Leadership Skills at a Glance
- What skills do successful leaders possess?
- What personality traits should an executive have or develop?
- What experiences and studies can an leaders learn from?
Everyday Leadership, the Importance of Managing the Situation
A successful leader must lead correctly in many different situations.
- Typical, everyday leadership situations
- Judging the leadership situation correctly
- The principles behind effective leadership in an era of change, globalization and digitization
Successful leadership begins with managing yourself.
- Your own management style
- Self-management and time management
- Attributes of your work techniques
- How do I conduct myself when making a decision?
- Willingness to trust people
- How to deal with the subject of delegation
- Improving my personal efficiency
My Own Leadership Personality
- The personality of a leader is decisive
- «Stage presence», appearance, charisman
- Analyzing my personality type
- Recognizing my own strengths and weaknesses, developing my strengths
Communication and Conflict Management
- The importance of you as «brand»
- The image of an executive
- The principles of successful communication
- The correct way to handle conflict
Using your Mental Strengths to Master Everyday Leadership Challenges
Inner strength can move mountains – you only have to use it.
- Self-confidence and willpower
- Releasing your own potential
- Power and power struggles
- Sustaining motivation
- Leading difficult discussions in a convincing way
Choosing the right Employee and Team Member
To attract the «right» employees, and then choose and use them in the right places are vital factors in effective, successful management.
- To be popular as a leader
- Giving employees jobs that match their abilities, using diversity
- Developing teams
Leading Employees and Teams
- Motivational leadership as key to success
- Motivational theories and what value they really offer
- Nothing will work without trust
- How to multiply your own abilities
- Leading teams in international settings
Self-Organization and Intrapreneurship
Executives who do everything themselves can be more effective, if they learn how to training employees to develop entrepreneurial qualities on their own.
- Have high expectations, encourage and coach
- How to identify staff talent and develop it
- How to get an employee’s intrapreneurial talent to blossom
Leading with Objectives
Approved and accepted objectives are the first step to good results.
- Successful leadership focuses on objective-achievement
- Developing the right objectives
- How to formulate objectives correctly, how to measure objective-achievement
Experience tells us that even experienced managers have a hard time evaluating their employees fairly.
- Evaluating performance
- Holding a qualification interview
- Constructive criticism
Corporate Culture and Identity
The challenges facing companies today can only be successfully mastered with employees who reflect their company’s corporate culture in everything they do.
- What is our corporate culture and what about my team?
- What corporate culture do we need to have, how agile are we?
- Opportunities to effect a desired change in corporate culture
- Practical examples from the business world
Organizations tend to be sluggish and cumbersome. At the same time, internal and external changes require from them the ability to change quickly.
- Fit for change – how to prepare
- What is required to drive change implementation?
- Programs for making your company quicker and moren agile
- What mistakes must you avoid?