Leadership for High Potentials
Young managers and promising junior staff who still have limited leadership experience, will learn and practice the essentials of successful leadership over four days in this seminar.
If you have recently assumed responsibility for leading staff or will do this soon, then you know that, by taking a management position the requirements of your role at work will fundamentally change. New will be leading people who were colleagues a short while ago. New will be the responsibility for the motivation and performance of others. Upper management trusts you and you do not want to disappoint them by not meeting their expectations. With your new function at the company, you’re faced with new challenges. To master these, you need new knowledge. This 4-day course offers this, and opportunity to practice your new expertise in team and employee management.
Who should attend
Young managers, high potentials and talented professionals from all areas of the company with limited experience and knowledge in leadership, who want to complete comprehensive leadership training. This seminar will give you insights into leadership theory, and let you practice your own leadership skills in real-world situations.
How you benefit
- You will acquire knowledge about leadership and leader- ship styles
- You will reflect upon your own leadership skills with support from constructive feedback
- You will learn to recognize typical leadership traps and how to avoid or master them
- You will learn what your own strengths are, and you will enhance your leadership potential in a targeted way
- You will develop certitude and self-confidence in yourself as a young leader
EUR 3'600.- / CHF 3'900.- (plus VAT)
For registration, please click the link below.
Areas of Focus
Leadership Knowledge and Management Styles – the Fundamentals
- What does «leading» mean?
- What really counts are results
- Management models – an important help in structuring
- Situational leadership and different leadership roles
Leadership Tools, Leadership Methods
- Managing using agreed-upon objectives
- Setting priorities, delegating tasks
- Evaluating performance and qualifications of employees
- Constructive criticism and giving feedback – how is this done correctly?
My own Leadership Personality – Me as Leader
- Managing myself
- Reflecting on my own conduct as a manager and leader
- Personal goals, my personality type and my role as leader–how they relate and interact
- Developing my own management style
- The effective leader
Elements of Social Competence
- Social skills – a prerequisite for effective leadership
- How do I improve my social skills?
- Optimizing my personal strengths – where is it worth then effort to work on myself as a person?
Employee Management, Team Building and Communication
- Rules and principles of successful employee management
- How to effectively motivate employees
- Team building, team development, team management
- How to deal with conflict, managing difficult employees
- Practical know-how for leading meetings and discussions