Financial Management for Executives
Effective financial management is an integral component of result-oriented management. Executives from all areas of business will expand and deepen their knowledge and skills in financial management in this 4-day course.
If you’re an executive with profit responsibility for a company, a business area, business unit or country, this 4-day course is designed just for you. Because you bear responsibility for financial management. You make decisions that determine to a great degree the financial well-being and stability of your company. This course demonstrates how to carry-out these financial management tasks to realize excellent financial results and a healthy cash flow.
Who should attend
- Executives, general managers, company owners
- CEOs, members of a management board
- Directors of important areas, business units, profit centers
- Managers who need to be prepared for a key position with responsibility for results
Area of Focus
A Look at Financial Management Tasks
- Financial analyses, financial statements and earnings statements
- Profit and cost management
- Liquidity and profitability
- Financial value creation, corporate value management
- Controlling, review and evaluation
Setting Financial Objectives
- How to set ambitious profit targets, that are also logical from a business and market sense
- The process of achieving above-average corporate resultsn begins with the right profit planning
- How to calculate corporate value
- Capital expenditures as a «profit killer»
- Capital expenditures as a strategic competitive advantage
- Determining the right value-added depth
- In or out-sourcing?
- Cost variability by concentrating on core activitiesn
Capital Costs, Modern Forms of Financing
- How to lower the cost of capital
- Modern forms of financing
- Internal or external financing?
- The logic behind the capital market
- Negotiating with banks
- Understanding credit-ratings
Investments and Financial Decisions
- The criteria for making decisionsn
- Increasing capital intensity as threat to profit targets
- Investing where it’s necessary
- Make or buy – finding the optimum value-added depthn
Liquidity Management, Working-Capital Management
- Warning – liquidity traps ahead!
- How many liquidity reserves are needed?
- Tools for managing liquidity
- Working-capital management
Increasing Corporate Value
- Factors influencing return on investment and corporate value
- The tools for managing results
- Measures that will improve results
- Realizing cash-flow objectives
- Getting rid of the sources that cause losses
- Taking advantage of untapped potential for improving results
- Cementing fixed costs as a loss of flexibility
- Exceeding your minimal necessary size
- Growth in a growing market
- Growth in a stagnating market
- How to achieve profitable growth?
Designing the Right Cost Structure
- Determining allowable costs
- Designing an appropriate cost concept based on market realities
- Specifying a break-even point based on the logic of business fluctuation
- Seeking cost leadership – yes or no?
- Making decisions locally
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acquiring companies or parts of companies
- Acquiring market share
- Acquiring size, real or presumed synergies and the effects of added experience
- Buying into new business and new core competencies
- Assessment, due diligence
Restructuring and Portfolio Adjustment
- Recognizing the need for restructuring at an early stage
- Recognizing profitable and unprofitable business activities
- Securing the viable parts of a company
- Divesting yourself of non-viable parts of a company
- How to develop a feasible restructuring concept
- Corporate portfolio and portfolio adjustment
Restructuring to achieve a Turnaround
- Revitalizing a company’s ability to restructure
- The restructuring concept
- Achieving a turnaround
Controlling, Review and Evaluation
- What do you need to evaluate to achieve effective financial management?
- What review and evaluation tools are necessary, and don they reveal deviations early enough?
Managing by Using Key-Performance Indicators
- What KPIs allow you to reduce the tasks of financial management to their essentials?
- What content should a management report have to be an concise controlling tool?
- Analyzing business models using KPIs
EUR 4'800.- / CHF 4'900.- (plus VAT)
For registration, please click the link below.